Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunk Raccoons
Our raccoons are in the news again. They are turning up in people's backyards drunk!
This time of year, fruit is falling from the trees and lying on the ground in the hot sun and fermenting.
Raccoons get into the fermented fruit and they just can't stop eating it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/dr...-1.5272217

Raccoons are funny at the best of times, but seeing them stumbling along totally drunk is just one more funny episode.
Mostly they will just sleep it off and be fine, perhaps with a hangover. Sometimes the raccoons might seem like a problem,
But I think life would be less funny if we didn't have them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh how funny ! Smiley29 Smiley34 79 I bet the Raccoons really look forward to this time of year! Time to party!
Our birds get into fermented fruit to. It is priceless. You can never tell when fruit is going to ferment.
Trust our raccoons to get really drunk and pass out in people's gardens. 

Our raccoons are a never ending source of the ridiculous and funny.
I had a three seater swing on my back deck and I looked out one night and it was swinging back and forth gently with a raccoon sitting on it. The creature was sitting up like a person and was clearly very comfortable having a nice evening swing.

Raccoons are Toronto's unofficial mascot and we call them trash pandas. They get into so many things.

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/top-toront...ories-2018

That video of the raccoon opening the green bin is disturbing. The city spent a lot of money to develop those bins. They are for food waste and the lids lock. That raccoon knew how to turn the lock mechanism so he could get at the food waste. If he knows then they all know. Raccoons seem to share knowledge very quickly. I wonder if they have little raccoon meetings or do they pass things learned from one to the other across the city.

You have to love the trash panda.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine