Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking a lost dog in the Cape Breton Woods
I putting this under humour because is many ways it is funny. It is also serious and could have ended badly.
A big red chow was sent to a show in Cape Breton and the handler let him get loose. Since Lucky was from Kansas he was really lost.
It took the work of a dedicated trained lost dog tracker to find him. It also took 12 days.

https://nationalpost.com/news/the-curiou...eton-woods

There is no doubt that without the work of Mike Chapman, Lucky would not have been recovered. Lucky was in a strange place and he was confused. There were no people or places that were familiar to him. I am glad they got him back safe. It is incredible how hard it was and how dedicated the Pet Detective was. The town was very helpful too. Lucky was probably very glad to get back to Kansas and his people. The Canadian woods can be a bit overwhelming. I think the name Lucky was a good name choice. He certainly was a Lucky dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Mike Chapman is amazing and Lucky is....well, very lucky. It's a hard life for a lone dog in the wild.

However, as I read on  and a bit deeper into Lucky's history and "some" characters in his life I am sorry to say that I don't blame him one bit for running off and going awol !
The life of a show dog can be hard, but it is what he is used to. Lucky had no chance of surviving in the woods.
It don't think he knew how to hunt. He is strictly a city kid. However it might be nice if they let him have some outdoor fun now and then.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine