Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Puppe
Puppe is a Sumatran Orangutan who has lived at the zoo since it opened in 1974. He exact birthdate is unknown so they celebrate her arrival in Toronto. Puppe is at least 52 years old and she is a grand lady.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/p...-1.5292906

Puppe is also very smart and has produced some very clever children. I have watched her over the years and she knows how to do things and how to live comfortably. Sadly the option of living in the wild is not there for many orangutans. Puppe in much safer living with us where she is fed and protected. Until things change and habitats are restored this is the best life an orangutan can have.

I must head out to the zoo and wish Puppe a happy birthday. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Happy Birthday Puppe Thumbsupsmileyanim  Yes there is no hope of a life in the wild again for her, and I am sure that she is contented with what she has now, in safety and being well looked after.
Puppe is a wise one and she enjoys the good things she has. She will never live in the wild and neither will her children, but some day her descendants might live in the forests that were once their home.  We will have to replant and restore the forests, but I hope someday it happens.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine