Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uber Pets
Uber the ride sharing service is trying out a new idea in the USA. It is an option called Uber Pets. Drivers who respond to Uber Pets requests will be willing to let you bring you pet along. They will charge a small amount extra for the service, but you will be sure your pet can ride with you.

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2019/10/1...-the-ride/

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/09/ubers-...-the-ride/

This is a good response from Uber. They are recognizing that we have pets and sometimes we need to transport them.
Right now it is uncertain if a driver will accept a pet. This just takes a bit of stress off when you need a right for your pet.

Of course this does not apply to service dogs who get to ride no matter what without a service charge.

Now if only other companies would become pet friendly.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's a good idea that Uber did this. So many people would need a cab to transport an animal from time to time.

Misty and I frequently had to use cabs when I visited my mother. I always stated that I had a dog with me, briefly described her size, her fitness to travel (whether she would mess up the cab or not ! lol) And 99.9% of the time the cab firm was happy to take her. I recall we were only refused once in many many times. I didn't mind, and called another cab firm.
We were never charged any extra because she was with me. Though of course we might have been if she had been sick, which she never was -being a seasoned traveller Smiley4
Misty probably rode in more taxis than I ever have. Smiley4 
I am sure she handled it with dignity and I am glad you were only refused once. Your taxis must be very good.

Uber is very good and I know people who use it for their pets.  It is just better to know ahead of time if the driver will take your pet. The small fee isn't much, but it would be nicer if they didn't charge more. Still we would be paying for peace of mind and certainty that our pet is welcome.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine