Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rehomed pets used as bait animals for dog fighting rings
This is absolutely sick. Angry 
People involved in dog fighting in Scotland, train their dogs using live bait animals. They get those animals in different ways. One method is to answer ads about rehoming a family pet. The person claims to want the pet and promises the best of loving care. Then he goes home and throws the pet to his fighting dog for it to rip to shreds, alive as a way of training his dog to kill. (excuse me while I throw up)

The Scottish SPCA  is aware of the problem. They have even caught someone and charged him, but they know there are others. This practice is widespread. The number of reports they have received has increased greatly. It is going to take a lot to shut this brutal sport down.
Until then, people need to be very careful when they rehome pets. The SPCA encourages people to bring their pets to the shelters  where experienced staff will be part of the rehoming. Certainly they would notice if the same person came back and tried to get another pet with the same story about why they want it.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1796...ood-sport/

This is a really sick situation. There are people living and working in normal communities who are clearly very sick individuals.
Their cruelty to animals is deliberate and shows a total lack of human feeling and compassion.
These are sick people. Jail is too good for them. How about a criminal ward of a mental hospital. That is where they belong.

Right now a neighbour has taken in an older brindled boxer, the same colour as his beautiful young female. When I met Louie I was stunned by what I saw. Louie had been used as a bait dog. He is covered in scars where fighting dogs savaged him and his eyes are missing. Louie is the most beautiful dog I know. His new owner is determined to give him as many loving years as possible. He is such a gentle dog and it breaks my heart to think of what he suffered.  Smiley19 

How horrible to think that people's beloved pets end their lives being cruelly savaged like that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(10-13-2019, 05:29 PM)Catherine Wrote: This is absolutely sick. Angry 
People involved in dog fighting in Scotland, train their dogs using live bait animals. They get those animals in different ways. One method is to answer ads about rehoming a family pet. The person claims to want the pet and promises the best of loving care. Then he goes home and throws the pet to his fighting dog for it to rip to shreds, alive as a way of training his dog to kill. (excuse me while I throw up)

The Scottish SPCA  is aware of the problem. They have even caught someone and charged him, but they know there are others. This practice is widespread. The number of reports they have received has increased greatly. It is going to take a lot to shut this brutal sport down.
Until then, people need to be very careful when they rehome pets. The SPCA encourages people to bring their pets to the shelters  where experienced staff will be part of the rehoming. Certainly they would notice if the same person came back and tried to get another pet with the same story about why they want it.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1796...ood-sport/

This is a really sick situation. There are people living and working in normal communities who are clearly very sick individuals.
Their cruelty to animals is deliberate and shows a total lack of human feeling and compassion.
These are sick people. Jail is too good for them. How about a criminal ward of a mental hospital. That is where they belong.

Right now a neighbour has taken in an older brindled boxer, the same colour as his beautiful young female. When I met Louie I was stunned by what I saw. Louie had been used as a bait dog. He is covered in scars where fighting dogs savaged him and his eyes are missing. Louie is the most beautiful dog I know. His new owner is determined to give him as many loving years as possible. He is such a gentle dog and it breaks my heart to think of what he suffered.  Smiley19 

How horrible to think that people's beloved pets end their lives being cruelly savaged like that.
That is heartbreaking and terrible.
I don't honestly know how anyone could be involved in this, or be able to stand back and watch a loving animal treated this way.

It's good to hear the SPCA are willing to step in for people who need to re-home animals, and will act as protection for them. I just hope everyone gets the message.
The SPCA will always take pets and rehome them. It does mean surrendering the pet to a shelter. 

When people choose to rehome their pet through Kijiji or a site like that they have only their own judgement of the person to tell them if the person is being honest. The people who buy pets as bait animals have lots of practice. They can sound so sincere and convince you they are the right person to give a pet a loving home. 
Over the internet lots of people pull scams. They sell things that are not what they seem. there are numerous puppy scams where you buy a puppy and when you go to pick it up it doesn't exist. 
People buy things over the internet and they are not what they seem to be. The SPCA is right to warn people not to rehome pets that way. There is too much risk that it will end up with a dog fighting ring as a bait animal.

The SPCA needs to keep working at catching the dog fighting rings and shutting them down. It will take time and it does help if people report anything they know. People also need to stop letting their pets end up in the hands of these people. 
This is something that needs to be stopped and everyone can help in their own way. 

It would help if Kijiji didn't allow people to sell animals or if they monitored the situation more carefully. If someone buys or rehomes too many pets there is a problem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine