Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Rights for Animals
This is an interesting article. The whole issue of animal rights is changing. It varies from country to country, but once one country starts to give cats and dogs special status and rights, it will spread to other countries.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...50504.html

I don't even know exactly what I want to see happen with the law. I am not wanting animal rights to be an excuse for yet more law suits. It would be better if the changes in the law actually served to protect our pets.
Once pet animals get protection, other animals will gain some status as well. No doubt things are going to change.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

If people are legal rights then animals should have also legal rights. They are also persons too.
I agree with you on that. Many animals are more intelligent than we thought so they should have rights. Any animal at least should have the right to be treated well.
Catherine

Hello and welcome to the Forum, shawncowwen. Smile

I agree that animals should be given legal rights. That would make some profound changes! But I agree with you also about what you said, Catherine...."I am not wanting animal rights to be an excuse for yet more law suits. It would be better if the changes in the law actually served to protect our pets."
Quote:I agree that animals should be given legal rights. That would make some profound changes! But I agree with you also about what you said, Catherine...."I am not wanting animal rights to be an excuse for yet more law suits. It would be better if the changes in the law actually served to protect our pets."

I think gradually the laws will change. Each change in the right direction moves us towards a world where animals are treated well.
I don't know what the final outcome will be, but we cannot stay the way we are.
We cannot deny the intelligence of animals, so we can no longer treat them as if they had no intelligence.
Catherine