Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat the Family--a new reality TV show
I couldn't decide where to post this. I am not recommending this show. I don't even know if the show will air. I think the whole idea of it is nasty.

A family will be given a "pet" lamb, chicken, calk or pig to care for and treat as a member of the family. Then they will be asked to eat that animal.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/9ke8w...-on-camera

The families chosen for the show are meat eaters and they will have the option  of sending the animal to a sanctuary if they change their meat eating ways. If not they have to eat the animal they named and lived with.

I don't like reality shows anyhow. This one seems odd. I don't see anything good coming from it and is it fair to the animals involved.
What do you think.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sick and debased.
Quote:Sick and debased.
That pretty much sums it up.
I think they are making a mockery of people who don't eat meat.
Reality shows use people. They also use animals.  I think they mean it to be traumatic for the families involved. This one could be harmful to the children. The whole situation is going to upset them.
Catherine

(10-18-2019, 02:14 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:Sick and debased.
That pretty much sums it up.
I think they are making a mockery of people who don't eat meat.
Reality shows use people. They also use animals.  I think they mean it to be traumatic for the families involved. This one could be harmful to the children. The whole situation is going to upset them.
You summed it up better than I did, Catherine! The only thing I would add is that the people who watch such programmes are also sick, as they seem to gain entertainment pleasure from watching the suffering of others (physical and mental).
Good point about the audience. If people didn't watch these shows they would stop making them.
Sadly this particular show will probably have a large audience. People seem to like watching other people get used and abused.
If there are dramatic scenes of crying children people will love the show even more.

No one will give a care about what happens to the animals.
Catherine