Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Cook for Your Pets Day
Well....I am a few days late here Smiley4 

No I don't think Piggies like cooked food. They are happy with their salads ! I think preparing a nice healthy salad has to count.

It's nice to have a special day for "cooking a meal for your pet."

But cats and dogs especially, love a home cooked meal. Sally did like a bit of cooked chicken, but was a bit fussy, and preferred the pouches of "cat soup" I bought from the supermarket, with shrimp and herring, or chicken !

Once I w ent to a lot of trouble to steam Sally some Plaice, and Haddock together, and half of it she left!

Misty got a home cooked meal every day (with some kibble on the side because she loved the crunch of it) Every week or two I would buy a whole batch of meat/fish, and cook her a week or two's worth, with vegetables, to store in the freezer in portion sizes.
Then all I had to do was not forget to bring each meal out in time for it to de-frost Smiley16 

She loved her home cooked dinners. But I also knew she was getting the specific vitamins and minerals a dog needed from her kibble also (which was a high quality one.)

But it is possible to buy a supplement (either from the vet or a good pet store) which can be added to dogs' and cats' meals, if they eat only home cooked food.

Messages In This Thread
National Cook for Your Pets Day - by Catherine - 11-02-2019, 04:20 PM
RE: National Cook for Your Pets Day - by Tobi - 11-12-2019, 03:04 AM