Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Blueboy.
On this date in 1968, a litter of Himalayan cats was born. I saw them seven weeks later and fell in love. I paid for Blueboy with my own money(it took every penny I had) and he was the centre of my life.

He was gentle and loving and I had him 13 years. He is buried in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I was moving and that seemed to be the best place to leave him, someone that I loved, resting somewhere that I loved.Heart

Even after all these years I still think about how much he would like something. He would love the garden I have now. I wish he was here to enjoy it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dear Blueboy Angel
I have a feeling he will also be there to greet you when you cross the Rainbow Catherine.

A beautiful burial-place for his body....the foothills of the Rocky Mountains...

Blessings to your spirit, Blueboy Heart
Thank-you for your kind thoughts. I would like to see him again. He shared the rough times when I was a student and money was tight and we didn't always have the best places to live. He never complained. I just wish he could be here now when things are better and I could give him a lovely garden to explore.

He rests on a hillside with a view of the nearest mountain only 35 miles away. In the morning the sun turns the mountain peaks a rosy pink and the afternoon sun turns them golden before it sets. It is a gentle, peaceful place.
I miss him so much even after all these years.Heart
Catherine

That setting for his grave sounds so lovely, and sacred. What a beautiful place it must be! It'd be nice to build a little cabin up there......

We never forget them. All those we have shared with in good times and difficult times. They fitted in, they didn't complain, they had happy lives. But I feel like that about all my loved ones who have gone. Especially my husband. We would have had an easier time the way things are now....

I had a cat called Dushka when I lived in a converted barn in the mountains. I was alone with Dushka because my husband was a tour guide and spent months of the year in Europe at that time. So it was just me -and Dushka and the mountains!
He loved it there, but we had to move -and then later, move again. We could never find a settled home, and Dushka was killed by a speeding car on the road outside one of the temporary places we had to live in 1984.

I think how much happier he'd be living here now with me....the thought does cross my mind in a way sometimes
The heart always remembers doesn't it. Anyone we have ever loved is never completely gone from us. As long as we still love, there is still a link.Heart
Quote:I think how much happier he'd be living here now with me....the thought does cross my mind in a way sometimes

I hear you and I know I think the same things about different situations. I guess the time we had with someone is what we had.
We don't get to choose our circumstances. We just get to do the best with them.

Where Blueboy is, it is beautiful. There is an incredible peace and strength to the Rocky Mountains and that spot in the foothills is an old sacred place. You can feel it when you enter the valley. I can feel it just thinking about the place.
Catherine

It sounds like the perfect place for him.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I guess I am at peace that I had to leave him there. I was just getting ready to move when he died. Part of me is always drawn back to the spot and that is good because it was a special place and I hated leaving it when I moved.
We all have a perfect place and that would be my perfect place and I left my perfect pet there to watch over it.Heart
Catherine

How very special Blueboy was. I'm sure he was just as fortunate to have you in his life as you were to have him in yours.
You're right, as long as he lives in your heart and your thoughts he really isn't gone. The pain of loss nver really goes away. We just find a way to deal with it as time goes by.
One day you will be back together and you will never be separated again.
It's wonderful that you were albe to find such a beautiful spot to lay him to rest. Adding yet another beautiful memory!
R.I.P Blueboy.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Thank-you for your kind words. I never forget his birthday. We came together in a special bond and I really want to see him again.

I was a teenager when I got Blueboy and he was the pet that I chose to have in my life and he was the first pet that I was totally responsible for. He stayed with me even after I left my family and I guess it set a pattern for me. My home is where ever I live with my pets. I always make sure there is a home for them. I think he gave me stability and I know he gave me love. Heart
Catherine