Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family saves a whale
This is a wonderful video. A family on vacation came across a hump backed whale trapped in a net. They got busy and cut the whale free.
The whale understood what they were doing and trusted them.

The display the whale put on afterwards is something you would only see once in a lifetime. If they had not come along when they did the whale would have died. Sometimes you are at the right time in the right place to make a difference.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good for them!

A noble deed - and a noble deed stands forever!
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
This is so moving. The whale shows its appreciation. I know that whale is saying 'thanks'.
He really is saying thanks isn't he. He could have swum away and after his ordeal who would blame him. Instead he does the most amazing whale display. That makes me wonder if whales know how much we like to watch them. There are numerous whale watching tours on the west coast and whales do visit them. This whale gave them a display that no one else will ever see.

I do not know how much whales communicate with each other, but I know it is much more than we understand. Will this rescue go down in whale folk lore as a special story pasted on from one whale to another. It bears thinking about.
Catherine

I'm sure I have seen this story before and it never fails to move me.
Whales are very communicative and scientists have even detected "accents" in their calls. I'm sure this story has done the "rounds" in the whale pods!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
No doubt whales all around the world know about it. I wonder how much they do communicate? We know they do it, but we don't know how much.
When you are kind to animals, other animals seem to respond well to you. It might be just your attitude, but maybe animals pass on messages. I really wonder.Undecided
Catherine