Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unicorn Puppy?
Mac's Mission in Missouri has a rescue puppy with an unusual feature. He has a second tail growing on his face between his eyes.
It is a bit of a unicorn idea and it is cute. It doesn't wag like a regular tail and the puppy doesn't seem to notice it, but it is different. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/rescue-unic...-1.4684290

I think the tiny little tail gives Narwhal a unique look. Lots of people want to adopt him because of it. The shelter is waiting to see if the tail causes problems. I wonder if he was born with it.  I have never heard of anything like it. Until he is available for adoption I am sure there are lots of regular puppies that need good homes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an unusual feature!
It seems that little pup was born not knowing which end was which ! Smiley4
But so long as this "tail" doesn't grow more and he has no health problems from it or anything else, then he's good to go!

What a lovely little pup. Heart

I also hope his time in "care" while they watch this growth doesn't cause him to be separated from the idea of a proper loving home, and social interactions? It would be a shame if his earliest formative memories were institutional ones.
Quote:What an unusual feature!

It seems that little pup was born not knowing which end was which ! [Image: smiley4.gif]
79 85
I knew you would come up with a funny remark.

It is the oddest thing I have ever seen. I had a lizard with two tails once, but they were where  a tail should be.
You are right. It would be good for the puppy to have the experience of a home. Even if Narwhal was fostered rather than adopted he would still be in a home. I understand them wanting to keep him around, but a shelter is not the best place for a puppy to grow up.
I hope he is at least in a home for Christmas. No pet should spend Christmas in a shelter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine