Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter Blues
I wonder how many lambs will be butchered this Easter?

It's a shame these so-called 'Christians' don't see the irony of it all...

Jesus, the Lamb of God, saved the actual Passover lamb and gave himself as the Sacrifice. That was the whole point of it all.

The event had a deeper, allegorical significance. That we must 'crucify' the lower self and bring the higher self, through Christ Consciousness, to ascendency. And also to signify that what God requires of us is not a blood sacrifice, but a love sacrifice i.e. Service.

'Faith without charity is dead. Love is the fulfilling of the Law.'
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I know, dear Knight, this is so sad and treacherous because people are following 'tradition' instead of their instincts.
In the Jewish tradition, the Passover Lamb was always eaten.....and the same in Italy today. Lambs are slaughtered for the Easter feast.
I can't see why we have to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus by causing lambs to be taken from their mothers, traumatised, and killed horribly in the slaughterhouse. I cannot see the logic or the point in it.

Those poor little creatures.
It is sad when we cling to customs that are cruel. A lot of people here have a baby pig as an Easter feast. I find that just as bad. Lots of people here eat veal and I find that idea is just as bad. I can't see how killing a baby celebrates anything.

The other sad thing about Easter is all the young rabbits that will be bought as pets who will end up in the shelter next month or worse they will be abandoned in the local parks to fend for themselves.

How is any of this a celebration of Easter and all that it stands for.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine