Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puppy thief shoots himself in the leg
First let me tell you that the puppy is safe and back home. The thief met up with the owners of the puppy claiming he wanted to buy it.
Instead he pulled out a gun and took the puppy. While he was running away with the puppy  he shot himself in the leg. The man was captured and the puppy safely returned to his people.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada/ma...d221cf2fd3

The thief is getting no sympathy for what happened to him. Everyone feels that it is what he deserves for stealing a puppy like that.
He certainly didn't plan very well and he clearly isn't up to speed on firearms either. He might be safer in jail where he can't hurt himself.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Karma can take a lifetime to happen sometimes, but in this case it came quickly. I hope that this young man learns his lesson.
I don't need to say any more than LPC just said. I also hope he learns his lesson.
Quote:Karma can take a lifetime to happen sometimes, but in this case it came quickly. I hope that this young man learns his lesson.
That is pretty much the general feeling. His encounter with karma came swiftly.
Catherine

Karma got him and I'm glad the puppy is safe.
I am beginning to really like karma. It has a sense of humour. The thief shot himself with his own gun. How ridiculous is that. He looks like a real idiot. Doesn't a gun have a safety that prevents it from firing?
Catherine

Catherine, as a Canadian, can you tell me how he got to get a gun in the first place? I thought that your country was much stricter than the USA and requires a licence (only for sound valid reasons).
Quote:Catherine, as a Canadian, can you tell me how he got to get a gun in the first place? I thought that your country was much stricter than the USA and requires a licence (only for sound valid reasons).
Good point. It could have been an illegal gun that was smuggled across the boarder.  It isn't that easy to get a gun here. They are registered and the police know who has guns. Some people do go to gun clubs and shoot at targets. Clearly the thief wasn't a gun club member.  He shot himself. If you handle a gun properly that wouldn't happen.

We actually want to ban guns even more in Toronto.
I think city council might put something through that makes it harder to get a gun.
The illegal guns are harder to control, but we want and need to control them too.
Catherine