Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please donate to Australian Bushfires affecting animals
Hello world!

I am trying to organise a gofundme to support the Australian bushfire and the animals that were seriously wounded.

"....Featured snippet from the web
Nearly half a billion animals have been impacted by the fires in NSW alone, with millions potentially dead, according to ecologists at the University of Sydney. That figure includes birds, reptiles, and mammals, except bats."

https://www.gofundme.com/f/international...re-support

Thank you animal lovers!

Kevin
This is a good cause and I know there are a number of charities collecting to help the situation in Australia. 
If possible could you tell us more about yourself and how you are connected to the groups you are donating to.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-08-2020, 05:18 PM)Catherine Wrote: This is a good cause and I know there are a number of charities collecting to help the situation in Australia. 
If possible could you tell us more about yourself and how you are connected to the groups you are donating to.

Thanks Catherine! My apologies about the lack of introductions.  I was hoping to pass the information to many places as possible and quickly.

My name is Kevin from Australia, Melbourne.  I am a father of two young children and have been involved in many volunteering roles (e.g. fund raising, events etc) locally in Melbourne for many years.

The support organisations listed below are the ones I am hoping to donate to (I had a longer list but harder to support so I've picked the few I am more involved with)

1. Australian Red Cross Disaster Recovery and Relief (volunteered as Red Cross Shop assistant and general support services for more than 3 years)
2. NSW Rural Fire Service (friend currently working with the NSW fire service)
3. Country Fire Authority (CFA), Victoria (provided IT services for the CFA in the past as IT Consultant)
4. The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital (my passion for animals in general.  hence i've picked this hospital)

All donations will be documented with receipts. 

Thank you again for your time and support.

Kevin
Thank-you for your information. I have heard about the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital. They have been in our news a lot lately.
The Australian Red Cross has been mentioned because they are being assisted by our Canadian branch of the Red Cross.
I have read some articles about the NSW Fire Service. Some of our Canadian fire fighters are in Australia right now. Our fire season is the opposite time of the year from Australia's fire season. I know in the past Australian fire fighters have come to our assistance. We have had some serious fires, but we have never had fires on the scale your country is experiencing right now. I wish you success with your fund raising.  I know every bit of help possible is going to be needed.
Catherine

All the ones listed are legitimate charities.
Canadians can donate to the Australian Red Cross through the Canadian Red Cross and get a Canadian tax receipt.
They have set up a special page for it.

https://donate.redcross.ca/page/54264/do...cale=en-CA

There are a number of good ways to help.
Catherine