Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World’s Oldest Dog, Maggie, Takes her Last Nap
Maggie, an Australian Kelpie and possibly the world’s oldest dog, punctuated her record recently, as she peacefully lay down in her basket one last time and passed away.  
Maggie was born on a farm in the Australian state of Victoria in the mid-1980s. She enjoyed her long life and the companionship of farmer Brian McLaren, spending most days following him between the farm’s dairy and office and maintaining order among the few dozen local cats.

She was 30. She was still going along nicely last week. She was walking from the dairy to the office and growling at the cats and all that sort of thing,” McLaren told the Weekly Times.
But what may seem like just three decades to us, was over 200 for Maggie in dog years. According to the BBC, McLaren says his youngest son, Liam, was four years old when they bought Maggie. He’s now 34.
Australian outfit 7 News Perth interviewed Mclaren and Maggie for a feature some time before Maggie died. She struggled to walk, but was looking happy as ever.
Maggie had been showing signs of her age before she left; she was deaf and losing her vision, but she never lost heart.
“She just went downhill in two days and I said [one] morning when I went home for lunch, ‘She hasn’t got long now,’” McLaren said. “I’m sad but I’m pleased she went the way she went … We were great mates.”
The Guinness Book of World Records maintained that the world’s oldest verified dog was an Australian Cattle Dog called Bluey, who died in 1939 at the age of 29.
Welcome to the forum. I note, however, that you copied the text, word-for-word, from the following article:

https://blog.theanimalrescuesite.greater...maggie-rip

To copy a webpage, word-for-word, without even acknowledging the source, could represent a breach of copyright. I have rectified this for you, but please do not do so again.
(01-13-2020, 11:43 PM)LPC Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I note, however, that you copied the text, word-for-word, from the following article:

https://blog.theanimalrescuesite.greater...maggie-rip

To copy a webpage, word-for-word, without even acknowledging the source, could represent a breach of copyright. I have rectified this for you, but please do not do so again.

OKay , thankyou, will keep that in mind now onwards. I did not knew that before.
Maggie is a beautiful old dog who lived her best life possible. She was loved and cared for and lived a happy dog life. Then she lay down to sleep and never woke up. What a peaceful way to end a happy life.  Some dogs and some other animals do live much longer than we expect. I wonder if her happy peaceful life made it possible for her to live so long. If so then happiness is good for your health.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Maggie was fantastic! She looked old, but peaceful and still had a decent quality of life for her age! What a lovely face too. Bless her. And blessings to her in the next world.
Thank you for letting us know about this Prani_saa 

Yes, it's best to be aware that articles are written by someone, and that person  holds the copyright to their work, and that is important to them. It is not actually legal to copy someone's work word-for-word, to paste on another place on the internet.
Forums almost always hold to that rule, as we do not want to be responsible for disrespecting a writer's copyright.

Usually, copying one short paragraph, then  giving a link to the orginal article is fine, but copy-pasting word-for-word, or large sections is not allowed on most forums, including  ours..
I hope you understand, Prani_saa  Smile