Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Toronto ban the sale of fur
This is a hot topic. People feel strongly about it either way. The article presents arguments for the yes to banning fur position and the no to banning fur position. Either way, Toronto is a large influential city and which ever way it goes will have an effect on the fashion industry.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contribu...f-fur.html

Obviously I am in favour of banning fur. The whole industry is cruel whether it is farmed fur or trapped fur. Either way an animal dies cruelly. All the other arguments about ecology while important are secondary to the animal cruelty issue. Those in favour of fur claim it is more natural and therefore less harmful to the environment. I question their "science", but that is still secondary to the animal cruelty issue. Animals are either trapped or raised to be killed in the fur industry. That is the essence of the argument right there. 

Right now fur farms are not good for the environment. Perhaps that could be changed and fur farms could somehow be neutral or beneficial. I seriously doubt it, but even if it were possible, the issue is still that to wear fur you have to kill animals. So yes I want to see Toronto ban the sale of fur.  Fur is already not popular.  I hope we actually do it, I hope we take it all the way and ban the sale of fur.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine