Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New anti poaching technology in South Africa
Kruger National Park in South Africa has new anti poaching technology to help protect the Rhinos. It is a system of solar powered 
sensors that has been labeled "Meercat". It is an appropriate name because like a meercat this system watches for danger and alerts when anything is sensed. This enables the rangers to act in time to protect the rhinos. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/tech/krug...index.html

This is great. The poachers use technology to hunt the animals. Now we are using technology to protect the animals.
It gives the rhinos a fighting chance. Too many animals have already been killed. If this helps stop poaching in Kruger National Park  then I hope they can use the technology elsewhere to save animals from poachers.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(02-13-2020, 03:32 PM)Catherine Wrote: The poachers use technology to hunt the animals. Now we are using technology to protect the animals.

The new technology to protect the animals sounds very nice, i wonder why it was not invented before some years while the poachers use some technology to hunt the animals for longtime.
Quote:The new technology to protect the animals sounds very nice, i wonder why it was not invented before some years while the poachers use some technology to hunt the animals for longtime.
I don't know why it took so long. It might be a matter of funding.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine