Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the fires life returns to Australia
Nothing can change the fact that Australia has suffered devastating bush fires and millions of animals have died. We carry that grief in our hearts. However now that the rains have come and the fires are over, life returns. New plant growth is happening. Some trees are able to send out shoots and live. Insects are returning to the areas that are effected. They are followed by birds and small mammals. 
It is not going to happen quickly, it may not be the same, but life will return.

https://theconversation.com/these-plants...res-130293

As sad as the losses are, at least there is regrowth and renewal of the land. I hope we have learned that the effects of climate change are real and they are devastating.  If life is able to return this time we need to work to make sure there is not a next time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Those bush fires were a terrible tragedy for so many lives. I don't think there had ever been any bush fire as bad as that.

It is so good that the rain has come now. But there may still be "hot spots" underground.

But it's good to see life renewing itself, and many animal survivors now continuing with their lives.
I think these are the worst fires that have ever been seen in Australia or anywhere else.
You are right, there could still be hot spots. Certainly some areas have suffered worse losses than others. I am just relieved to see some life come back. Any growth at all is something to be thankful for. If some of the mature trees can send out shoots  the forests would be farther ahead than if they had to start from seed. This is the biggest regrowth we have ever witnessed so we don't really know how it will work out. We just have to watch and hope things grow.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine