Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk Bone "Life is better with a dog" ads
Milk Bone dog biscuits have created a series of ads with the message "life is better with a dog". They are a little silly in a good way. 
 They have a series of funny situations where a non dog pet doesn't make sense. They are good for a laugh.

https://musebycl.io/advertising/dogs-are...k-bone-ads

I am sure they could come up with dozens of other ad ideas. It is all in good fun and the dog always gets the treat at the end.
Sometimes we need a good laugh. I love the playing fetch with a tortoise ad. The tortoise would eventually bring something back.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is so funny! Smiley4  Yes of course, playing fetch with a tortoise could take all day....and that depends on whether the tortoise has a  memory that long !

Even taking a cat for a walk can remind you that dogs are better companions for such things.

I took Sally Cat for a "walk" once. Not too far, but through fields, crossed a little bridge and doubled back to come home. She was very good, and kept with me, but moaned about it all the way there and back in a very loud voice. I didn't do that again.
I love the cat as a ring bearer at a wedding. The only thing worse would be a squirrel.
Taking a walk with Sally Cat would have been so funny. I could picture her complaining all the way.
For some things dogs are the better pet.

Snakes still win when it comes to pets that will hang around your neck and give it  comfortable squeeze. Smiley4
Catherine

(02-22-2020, 05:03 PM)Catherine Wrote: I love the cat as a ring bearer at a wedding. The only thing worse would be a squirrel.
Taking a walk with Sally Cat would have been so funny. I could picture her complaining all the way.
For some things dogs are the better pet.

Snakes still win when it comes to pets that will hang around your neck and give it  comfortable squeeze. Smiley4

Haha Smiley4  You made me laugh  with that Catherine! So long as it's not a 6ft Boa Constrictor round your neck, you'll be just fine! 79

Yes I can imagine a squirrel would make a pretty bad ring-bearer. Even worse, would be a Magpie or a Jackdaw -who would be likely to fly off with the ring and hide it!
A Magpie or a Jackdaw as a ring bearer is too funny. Smiley4 
They would find a way to fly off with some of the wedding gifts as well.

A 6 ft. snake is fine for a good hug. Nine foot maybe not so much. I have held an 8 ft. snake. She is fine, but a little heavy for me. I couldn't manage her alone. My Brazilian Rainbow Boa is at least 5 ft. already and she will be 7 ft. one day. She does give a good hug.
She has enough weight that you really know you are being hugged.
I would like to see a dog give as good a hug as that. Smiley4 
Of course the snake is not so much interested in Milk Bones.
Catherine

(02-27-2020, 04:00 PM)Catherine Wrote: A Magpie or a Jackdaw as a ring bearer is too funny. Smiley4 
They would find a way to fly off with some of the wedding gifts as well.

A 6 ft. snake is fine for a good hug. Nine foot maybe not so much. I have held an 8 ft. snake. She is fine, but a little heavy for me. I couldn't manage her alone. My Brazilian Rainbow Boa is at least 5 ft. already and she will be 7 ft. one day. She does give a good hug.
She has enough weight that you really know you are being hugged.
I would like to see a dog give as good a hug as that. Smiley4 
Of course the snake is not so much interested in Milk Bones.

Oh gosh..... Confused Smiley3 93 round your neck? (we need some snakey emoticons!)

Dogs are not usually very good at hugs, but they are very good at attempting a "hug" and getting mud and pond slime ALL over your nice clean (usually white) clothes! Then they want a milk bone.....
Why they do that when you wear white....I don't know Smiley4
(02-28-2020, 02:57 AM)Tobi Wrote: (we need some snakey emoticons!)

Done - to please you and Catherine. Snake1 Snake2

I have added them to the forum smilies. Thank you, sherv.net
Snake2      Absolutely what we needed.       Snake1
                                        I don't know who I like best

Thank-you LPC. Why did we not think of snake smilies before? 

Quote:Dogs are not usually very good at hugs, but they are very good at attempting a "hug" and getting mud and pond slime ALL over your nice clean (usually white) clothes! Then they want a milk bone.....

Why they do that when you wear white....I don't know [Image: smiley4.gif]
I gave up on wearing white a long time ago.   Dogs might get mud on you while trying to hug you. Around my place something is sure to poop on me if I wore white.

Quote:Oh gosh..... [Image: confused.gif] [Image: smiley3.gif] [Image: 93.gif] round your neck?
You hold the snake around your neck from the back. The head drapes over one shoulder and the tail drapes over the other. 
I never let them wrap my neck, not even the smaller snakes. That wouldn't be a hug. It would be a squeeze. Hugs are more fun.

Snake1                They are just too cute            Snake2
Catherine