Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog left at shelter to save it from abuse
A 12 year old boy left his dog at an animal shelter with a note explaining that his father was abusing the dog. He asked the shelter to look after the dog and help him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/21/world/mex...index.html

That was a very loving thing for the boy to do. He has given up his dog so the dog can have a better life. 
I just wish there was some way to rescue the boy and his mom too.  They all deserve a better life.

The shelter is right about all the people wanting to adopt this dog. If they took a different dog, the shelter would be empty.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How terribly sad. Andres has a very special character to give up his dog for the dog's sake, as he must love him very much. Blessings to that little boy. I can imagine his heartbreak right now.
It is a great pity he and his mother, together with the dog, couldn't have left to live elsewhere. But that is not always possible for many reasons.
Quote:It is a great pity he and his mother, together with the dog, couldn't have left to live elsewhere. But that is not always possible for many reasons.
Some places have shelters that the mom, son and dog could have gone to. Sadly there are too few places like that.
Andres is a very special boy. I hope things get better for him soon and I hope he is comforted by knowing that his dog will be well cared for.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine