Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luna Bunny has gone
Those of you who know me know about Luna Bunny. He has spent Christmas and many other holidays with me for the last 10 years or more. He was 13 years old and for a dwarf bunny that is really old. This Christmas I went out of my way to make it the best Christmas ever. We had so much fun.

Sadly this morning at 4:30am I received a text message from the bunny mum  telling me that he had passed. She got up to check on him and he had died quietly in his sleep. 

We knew it was coming. He was so old he couldn't go much longer. Still I had hoped to see him again. It is going to be very hard for all of us, but especially for his person who brought him home as a baby bunny all those years ago. He was a happy bunny who played constantly and had so much love to give. Somedays it seemed like he would go on forever. Sadly even the energizer bunny can't keep going forever.

Our little Luna Bunny as always, playing with his ball. He will be missed.

[Image: 0d26_6701.JPG?c=71f2]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh Catherine ! My sincere condolences. Heart   I know how much he will be missed, by everyone. I know what a special relationship you had with him.

Dear little beautiful bunny, Luna. May he be blessed in the next world.

It was so good he got to spend that last special Christmas with you, and wonderful that he had such a long and happy life.

My kind thoughts to you and to those who are now mourning him.
I am very sorry to read this, Catherine. I remember reading about Luna's stays with you each year.

Hop free on astral fields, dearest Luna!
Thank-you for your kind words. I am really going to miss my Luna Bunny. He was so special.

I thought I gave him the best Christmas ever, now I realize he gave me the best Christmas ever. He was happy and fun loving the whole time he was with me. We even had New Years Eve together. He gave me so many cherished memories. He was the same at home. He was so happy and fun loving, even on the weekend before he died. He gave his bunny mum many cherished memories.
How like him to do that for us.

It is still winter in Canada so the ground is frozen so Luna Bunny is resting in my freezer until we can bury him in my garden.
He will rest with my guinea pigs. He knew all of them from his many visits. We plan to plant a pretty shrub over the grave so we will be reminded of him every time it flowers. Maybe we should choose a shrub that will also feed the birds. That would be a beautiful thing to do.

I miss him so much because I already know he will not be there next Christmas. It will seem so empty without him.
Catherine

Que genial, me encanta este tema
Thank-you.
Catherine