Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine's computer
I am having a real computer glitch. I can't get any signal from my computer to my monitor. All the connections seem good. The computer turns on or at least the fans are running.  So I am working from my phone right now. It does limit what I can do. 

I can either get it running in the morning or I may need a new computer.  Let's hope I solve this in the morning.   If I can't get things up and running I will need to use a friends computer for a day or two. One way or the other I will be with the forum.

I will keep you posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Worth trying someone else's cable with your computer, also someone else's monitor, before taking more radical measures. I do so hope that it works out for you.
Right now the computer fans come on when I turn it on,but I don't hear the computer turning on. It doesn't look good.  I think I have spare cables. I can check that first.  I think it is new computer time. It is getting old and I knew I would need to replace it soon.
Catherine

My neighbour brought over a new power cord and we got it running and then had to do a system restore.
Right now everything seems to be running. I am going to do as much as I can carefully in case this is a temporary fix. Smiley62
Catherine

If you haven't done it already, it is wise to back up all your important files on to an external hard disk or possibly a large memory flash disk. I speak from bitter experience in the past. Glad that all is well for now.
All seems to be well. I have an external hard drive, but I am not sure it has a proper back up file for the computer right now. 
I will get that done as soon as I can.

I have been trying to get back into my Google account since the trouble I had last summer. I have finally fixed that and that means I can use my news alert again and pictures. I have to sort that out too. At least my cell phone works. Smiley4
Catherine