Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet stores need to be considered essential services
During the Corona Virus outbreak, stores and services are being closed to prevent the spread of the virus. This is true in Canada and other effected countries. Grocery stores are being kept open because they are deemed to be essential. Pet food suppliers in Canada are pushing to be declared essential because for out pets, they are essential.

https://www.citynews1130.com/video/2020/...essential/

Whatever happens we need our pet food stores. I can't buy guinea pig food at a grocery store. Grocery stores don't have the seed we need for parrots and love birds. Lizard and snake food are only available at specialized pet food stores.  The stores can be very careful and take precautions, but they do need to stay open.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My husband buys his bulk birdseed for the aviary from a petfood store better quality and larger bags,same with my kitty litter price is better as well.
France has included pet food stores as amongst those allowed to stay open: "Commerce de détail d'aliments et fournitures pour les animaux de compagnie"

I see no reason why Canada could not do the same.
Quote:France has included pet food stores as amongst those allowed to stay open: "Commerce de détail d'aliments et fournitures pour les animaux de compagnie"
This is good news. It sets a precedent for the request to keep pet food stores open.
We have closed so many things. Surely a few pet stores are not going to be a problem.
After all, we have our liquor stores open

Catslave, I agree with your husband. Pet food stores have the right foods and they are a better price. They have staff that know what foods to recommend. If they have to they can limit how many people can come into the store at a time.

Absolute worst case scenario,  customers could stand outside and staff would bring food to them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine