Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedication to duty, 4 zoo keepers move into the zoo
During this unsettled time of the Covid  19 pandemic, 4 zoo keepers from Paradise Park Zoo have chosen to self isolate at the zoo. They will stay there with the animals for the number of months it will take for this to end. 

The zoo itself is facing an uncertain future financially. Usually this is a busy time, but right now the zoo is closed. 
A GoFundMe page has been started to try and raise the money the zoo needs to carry on.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6757096/zoo-k...ronavirus/

It will probably be fun at first, but as the weeks go by they might wish they could go anywhere else.
I admire their dedication to animal welfare. The animals must be feeling unsettled too. They know something is wrong. Having familiar people with them all the time will definitely help them to feel safer. 

I really hope the zoo is able to do whatever is needed to keep things going. The well being of the animals depends on it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I read the article they're all staying in a house on the premises saw this a couple of days ago.
The zoo is definitely better to have them there all the time. The animals would be safer. It will be quite and experience for them and maybe a little fun. I am sure the animals feel better for knowing they are not alone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine