Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search for dog swept away in a river
For one Vancouver Island family a happy walk ended sadly. Their 10 year old golden lab, Deak, went into the river for a swim. He was caught in a current, swept down stream  and washed over a waterfall. They quickly contacted the police and FLED, Find Lost and Escaped Dogs. Their volunteers turned out and searched. So far no sign of Deak.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/famil...-1.4880450

I feel for the family. All they wanted was a fun walk with their dogs. It turned sad so quickly. I don't know if there is any hope for Deak, but if he is out there someone will find him and bring him home to his family. The not knowing must be unbearable. The picture of their other two dogs looking bereft says it all.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The people couldn't have tried harder than they did to find him by the sound of things. I hope he survived, and will be found yet....maybe he crawled out further down river..... I feel for Deak who must have been scared, and his family who miss him.
They are still searching, but so far no sign.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/virginradio/v...1.11486449

Those rivers are dangerous and much faster than people realize. If the dog survived being swept away it could be lost. There is hope for finding him. He was washed over a waterfall so It might not be a good outcome.
Dogs are tough and they can surprize us. I hope Deak comes running from the woods soon.
Catherine

He could have survived the waterfall. He looks like a solid dog. It's possible that he could have been carried much further downstream than people think. The one thing in his favour is that he loves the water and is a strong swimmer. I hope he's found safe.
The river is close to the ocean so he could have been washed all the way to the Pacific. He would have no trouble getting to shore, but it might take time to find him. It is a pretty wild area. It is not cold there and he could find food. I might take a while. I keep hoping to hear that they found him.
Catherine