Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shenzhen bans the eating of dogs and cats
The city of Shenzhen has become the first city in China to fully ban the eating of cats and dogs. As of May I, 2020 it will be illegal to eat animals raised as pets. Shenzhen will also ban the eating of protected wildlife or any form of wildlife taken from the wild and farmed for consumption.
This is part of an overall response to the Covid 19 global pandemic. The outbreak is thought to have started in a wildlife market. The only way to prevent further outbreaks is to stop the wildlife markets. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/shenzhen-be...-1.4879626

This is a pretty drastic way to end the eating of cats and dogs. Before this pandemic is over it will have cost humans a lot. Our economies and lives are disrupted. Many are dead. It will take years to get things back to normal. 
If the new normal involves a ban on wildlife markets and the eating of cats and dogs then at least something good will have come from all this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Tremendous changes will come because of this virus. There are massive shifts of consciousness going on at the moment. 

I am glad to hear about the ban.
I think we are going to see some shifts. We can't afford to have another pandemic. We need to stop the behavior that puts us all at risk. Eating wildlife and eating dogs and cats are all part of a tendency to eat anything for the experience. There are lots of things we can eat. We do not need to eat dog or cat or bat.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine