Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People walking "pets" to get around stay at home order
People in Spain are under a stay at home order. The exception is walking a pet. So people are being very loose in their definition of a pet that needs walking.
One guy was out walking his pet goldfish which was in a bowl. One pet was actually a chicken and another was a toy dog.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/world/spa...index.html

My absolute favourite is the guy in the T-rex costume. He might have gotten away with it if he had been on a leash.
People are desperate to get out. It seems unfair that dog people get to take walks. Sometimes those of us with non-dog pets do feel that we are left out.
I would take a snake or a lizard for a walk.  I even have a carrier that hangs around my neck.

Maybe the goldfish likes going for a walk.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I didn't realise they had different rules in Spain. Here in  UK during lockdown, people are allowed to go for 1 walk or daily exercise (which may mean a bike) per day, whether they have a dog or not. I have heard that the ideal is 1 hour per day, but in country areas where one is unlikely to meet any other people that is a bit different in practice.

But for town dwellers, 1 hour daily exercise is for all, not just dog walkers.

I can't help not blaming those who take their goldfish for a walk! It sounds silly, but it's important that people can get some outside exercise for their health. Not everyone has land or gardens.

I bet the goldfish was stunned  by what he /she saw! His/her thoughts will be forever "outside the bowl" now Smiley4
I think there are different rules in every country. In Canada there are different rules in every province. Some cities  have special restrictions. 
In really severe situations they are asking people to stay inside. Even apartment dwellers are being asked to stay inside. In places where the virus has spread to many people staying inside is the only hope of stopping it.  It seems harsh to ban going out for a walk, but it is medically necessary in some cases.

I can understand the guy hoping to get away with walking a goldfish. As long as there are not too many people doing it then it is okay. I do wonder what the goldfish thought about the great outdoors. The fish might have liked it better if there had been a swim in a fountain as well.

People are desperate, but the situation is desperate too.

The biggest park in Toronto has been fenced off and closed until further notice. People were not taking precautions and the city knew that hundreds, even thousands would flock to the park to see the cherry blossoms that are opening this weekend. If we didn't do this then there would be hundreds more cases and way more deaths. Life in a big city has been effected much more than life in the country. There is so little room for us to observe social distancing.
Catherine

We have a family in Spain and they did tell us that no one was allowed to walk outside unless you have a dog Smile Another reason to have a dog!
Life is better when you have a dog. You have to laugh at the guy walking his goldfish. I bet he was wishing it was a dog.
Catherine