Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Socially distancing our pets
We already know that we need to socially distance ourselves. Now it seems that we need to extend the social distancing to our pets. 
In particular people who test positive should  be careful not to spread the virus to their pets. People should be careful when walking their pets. It is not a good idea to let other people touch your pets. 

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/socially-dista...-1.4917667

There has not been a lot of transmission to pets so far. It is individual cases. It is not clear if the pets can spread the virus. So far reported cases do not seem severe. It is still better to play it safe. We should protect our pets the way we protect ourselves. Once we have a vaccine for humans our pets will be protected by us no longer getting the virus. Until then be careful to protect your pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I know. I have had to stop greeting and touching dogs who pass by my house, and have had to stop putting the dog water bowl out.
It is such a strange thing. If I see someone walking a dog who knows me, the dog will wag and try to greet me, and I have to stand at a distance. They don't understand why we are suddenly being stand-offish  with them.
I think dogs know something is wrong. They don't understand why we are acting strangely but they know something is up.  They will come to understand that their friends can't greet them. When this ends and we can hug all our doggy friends they will welcome us back with wagging tails.

Until then it is hard to watch a dog go by and not greet them properly.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine