Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snakes have friends
Seriously, snakes do form bonds of friendship with each other.  Studies of groups of snakes show that a snake group will prefer each other and if disturbed or moved will return to each other.
That certainly fits my observation of snakes. If two snakes don't like each other I separate them. They just don't want to be friends.
My snakes will have two houses in their tank and they will all sleep together in one house even if it gets crowded. They like to be together.

The garter snakes in the Interlake region of Manitoba certainly seek each other out. There are hundreds of snakes together every year. 
More study is needed and more observation, but clearly there is more depth to snakes that most people realize. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anima...ciability/

In case you hadn't guessed a trip to Narcisse in Manitoba in the spring is my dream vacation. It is one of the greatest places to study a group of snakes. 
I think snakes need a great deal more study. Most people do not realize how complex and interesting they are. They also find each other interesting.
If I have a group of snakes together and one sleeps away from the rest then I need to move that snake. He doesn't like the group. Of they don't like him. 
I have no, idea what causes one snake to like or dislike another.  That will take much more observation.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine