Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swarm of locusts wreaking havoc
Quote:Swarms of Crop-Eating Locust Wreak Havoc in North Indian States. ... As predicted by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, many central Indian states like Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and UP have been battling the locust attack that reportedly emerged in East Africa.

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/locu...-in-crores

2020 seems to be a year full of danger. What will you do if you can't use any phone ? 

First it was the virus problem. A part of the Earth's magnetic field is weakening, and no one really knows why. Satellites, spacecrafts & your phone may stop working. Scientists say one of the reasons for this weakening magnetic field in the region could indicate an imminent reversal, where the North Pole and the South Pole switch. 

Two dams broken in Michigan and some 11k people were told to evacuate their homes. There was a cyclone in Bangladesh and India. Then the swarm of locusts wreaking havoc in some states of India... Still what else is on the way...  Confused 
I heard about the locusts in Africa. I didn't realize they had spread to India. 
This has been a terrible year. Don't forget the fires in Australia. Now hurricane season in the Atlantic ocean is starting.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/experts-...-1.4930748

They think it could be pretty bad.

I understand the north pole is moving and the shift will cause some changes. I don't think it is clear yet what is happening.

I just hope we don't have a big volcanic eruption any time soon.
Our capacity to respond to emergencies is getting stretches thin.

No doubt 2020 is a record year for disasters.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I agree, 2020 has been a very dangerous year so far. First fire, floods, plague, now locusts.
Hurricanes and tornados too. Now all we need is a volcanic eruption. There have already been some earthquakes.  It is only June and I already wish this year was over.
Catherine

(06-03-2020, 03:48 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hurricanes and tornados too. Now all we need is a volcanic eruption. There have already been some earthquakes.  It is only June and I already wish this year was over.

Before some days there was mild earthquakes in the capital city of my country.  Smiley13
This is the year in which we get hit with everything that nature has to throw at us. We haven't had a tsunami yet, but it is only June.

I hope your earthquake wasn't too bad.  Yesterday we were hit by a serious lightening storm and we had large pieces of hail. I think staying home might be a good idea. You never know what might hit us  in the way of weird weather.
Catherine