Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandemic lockdown improves relationships with pets.
The Banfield Pet Hospital in Vancouver, Washington put together a survey to see how the pandemic lockdown is effecting our relationship to our pets.
People feel they are closer to their pets and are more aware of their pets needs. They also find the pets are helping them to cope. They also want to stay closer to their pets when the lockdown is over.

https://www.studyfinds.org/covid-19-lock...er-before/

Even with me still going out to work as essential services, I am home more because all my social events are cancelled. I am much closer to my guinea pigs. In particular Boris really watches me now and talks to me. He is very supportive and I appreciate him more.  I am much more connected to my birds and I think they are more bonded with me. My animals have always been part of my home life and very important to me. Now coming home is coming into my sanctuary where I can relax and feel safe after a long day at work. My animals are part of that sense of safety. I can relax around them and feel at home. They are my social circle right now and they are a good circle. 

My way of saying thank-you to them is to do makeovers on all their terrariums. I have done about half and they love it. I have enjoyed doing it. 
My pets are what makes my place a home. Maybe I always knew that on some level, but now I am very aware. I want to remember that feeling when this is all over and I can socialize elsewhere. I want to stay close to them all and I definitely want to keep talking to Boris. He is a good listener.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine