Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foster Duckling Program disaster
The whole thing is very callous and very greedy. You are right, they had people pay them to fatten up their ducks so they could later profit off of them. These families all had children and that made it worse. The children would be heart broken that their beloved duck friends are going to be killed so parents would try and save the ducks. They made money no matter what happened. 

In effect it was like blackmail. Families had to pay more money or their ducks would be killed. If they did pay the money then they had to find someone to take the ducks. It is not legal to keep ducks in the city so it put families in desperate situations.

I think the farm sanctuaries  are going to deal with this and set up petitions. It will help to make the whole scheme public so people know what is really going on. 
I am not sure the farm will find anyone else willing to look after their ducks. 

Sadly I don't think it is against Canadian Law. Having the ducklings in the city would be a minor bylaw infraction, for the people fostering the ducks.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Foster Duckling Program disaster - by Catherine - 07-06-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: Foster Duckling Program disaster - by LPC - 07-06-2020, 09:41 PM
RE: Foster Duckling Program disaster - by Catherine - 07-07-2020, 03:49 PM