Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruel Bird Traps!
Good for you for releasing the poor magpie.

The larsen trap: I don't know who Mr Larsen was, but what a legacy to leave the world....
Cruel and inhumane.

And people who use them ...
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Quote:The larsen trap: I don't know who Mr Larsen was, but what a legacy to leave the world....
Cruel and inhumane.

How terrible to create something cruel and have the cruelty live on after you are gone. Better to be remembered for rescuing birds and showing them kindness.

I can't imagine someone setting a trap like that knowing they intend to kill anything they can catch. Do they wake up in the morning and say to themselves "I think I will do something cruel today". Huh
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't think they do. I think they are under the impression they are doing something 'ecologically sound'.....
And there is also the blinkered effect. It's possible to get so inured to doing something you don't think any more and get a blind spot. Maybe they get that.
Quote:I don't think they do. I think they are under the impression they are doing something 'ecologically sound'.....
And there is also the blinkered effect. It's possible to get so inured to doing something you don't think any more and get a blind spot. Maybe they get that.

I hope you are right and they have just become blind to what they are doing.

What is more troubling is the number of people who have mistaken ecological ideas. They can do real damage. They have not quite thought things through. They can only see the small picture. They are unable to grasp how complex ecology really is.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine