Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habits we have acquired because of our pets.
We all have odd things we do because of our pets. We sleep in ways that leave room for them. We save food for them or just do funny little things to make them happy.
I am sure we can all relate to some of the examples. They speak of a bond of love and care that exists between us and our pets.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ehisosifo1/habi...-picked-up

I know a night owl who now goes to bed on time because her cat wants to go to bed earlier. No more late nights. Her cat doesn't like them.
I buy vegetables that I can't even eat because they make me sick, just because the guinea pigs like them.
Every place I have lived in for the last 40 years, I find myself judging it by whether my cat Blueboy would like it. Blueboy died in 1979, but he is never gone from my heart.

Our pets change us and they make us more caring people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(08-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Catherine Wrote: I know a night owl who now goes to bed on time because her cat wants to go to bed earlier. No more late nights. Her cat doesn't like them.
I buy vegetables that I can't even eat because they make me sick, just because the guinea pigs like them.
Every place I have lived in for the last 40 years, I find myself judging it by whether my cat Blueboy would like it. Blueboy died in 1979, but he is never gone from my heart.

Our pets change us and they make us more caring people.

That is quite touching. You thought of Blueboy probably before you thought of how it would suit you, just like it was for me with Misty. Blessings to Blueboy Heart

It took quite a while before habits I gained while living with Misty started to change.
I never pushed the little living room door closed behind me without looking first to see if Misty was following me (or it would hit her nose!) It took at least a year, maybe longer, before I realised it didn't matter any more.

When she was here, I did generally go to bed a bit earlier.

It took me a very long time to learn that I no longer had to sleep diagonally on my bed! Smiley4  I must have slept that way for a good 4 years after she left
Quote:It took me a very long time to learn that I no longer had to sleep diagonally on my bed! [Image: smiley4.gif]  I must have slept that way for a good 4 years after she left
Heart Smiley4 Heart
That is so touching and so funny at the same time.

I rushed home( or at least thought of it ) to look after Peter the wonder hamster for months after he died. He had a stroke and needed a lot of special care.
Now I keep forgetting that Barrie is gone. I have almost gone to his tank to feed him. For a year after Jake Krinkle Snake died I was still picking up food and thinking that it was the right size for Jake.

Quote:That is quite touching. You thought of Blueboy probably before you thought of how it would suit you, just like it was for me with Misty. Blessings to Blueboy [Image: heart.gif]
Blueboy was with me when I was still a student. Things were not too fancy in those days. When I got a nicer place my first thought was how much nicer it would be for him. You are right, I thought of Blueboy first. I am still doing it. I know he would love the garden I have now. I would love to share it with him.
I was leaving Calgary and then Alberta when he died so I had to leave him.  I left him in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in a special place. He would have loved it. My heart will always know where that place is.

I think I will always want to live in a place that Blueboy would love.
Catherine

i have these German Shepard ( i actually have a pair of em) and because of them I have to mop the floor everyday. I think having any kind of pets will create some habits in you
life is beautiful
That is true. We are happy to have these habits. The funny thing is the way we keep the habit long after the pet is gone.

So if you want a good habit you should get a pet that gives you that habit.
Catherine

While I'm cooking, I always search for something I may give to my guinea pig. I never close the door of the toilet room for my cat. When I come back home, I always call my pets loudly and I don't start take off my clothes until I hear them.
Hey, I'm Alex, I'm a beginner blogger, you may check my works here. And yes, you are welcome, I believe animal lovers are my second family, so I will be happy if my work will be useful for you. 
That's funny. I have a guinea pig and I do the same thing when I cook. When I was making my salad tonight, I did the guinea pig salad first. 
 I say goodbye to my pets when I am leaving and I tell them I will be back. When I get back I check on my pets first before I even take off my shoes. If one of them needs something I  deal with that before I look after my own needs. 

When I shop, a lot of my groceries are for my pets. I buy veggies the guinea pig likes even though I can't  even eat them. The baby bunny fell asleep on my hand and  I did not move until he woke up.

When you live with pets you think of them first.
Catherine