Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they in Heaven waiting for us?
It appears that they are. Dogs appear in Near Death Experiences

https://thebark.com/content/near-death-e...waiting-us

Are we reunited with our beloved dogs after we die?
Many people who have had Near Death Experiences (NDEs) say yes, we are. Those people have encountered their dogs during a temporary death experience, and many encounter their dogs a short time before a natural death.

Subsequent research has revealed that NDEs are common when a person has a close brush with death, during a psychologically traumatic event or nears the end of life. Known to have occurred during cardiac arrests, traumatic injuries, surgery, accidents, suicide attempts, childbirth, combat, and life-threatening illnesses, NDEs are reported across many cultures and have been recorded throughout history. (quoted from that article on The Bark.com)
Quote:It appears that they are. Dogs appear in Near Death Experiences
We will never have hard evidence that we can measure and quantify, but there is a lot of observational evidence.  Too many people who are close to death see someone they love. Often enough that someone is a beloved pet. I don't think it is just dogs either. I think it can be any pet that we have a close bond with.

I have experienced a deceased pet staying near me after her death. Why wouldn't she come back when I am ready to join her. It makes sense.
We can't prove anything, but we can try and understand it. It would make the transmission from life to death much easier if a beloved pet was there to lead us to the next great adventure.

I sure hope they are there.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

IMHO there is no doubt about it - and as you say, Catherine, it can be any companion animal. It is the closeness of the bond which matters. If I remember correctly it was a guinea pig which visited you?

Tobi, I hadn't seen that article; very useful. I have bookmarked it for later.
(09-23-2020, 03:32 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:It appears that they are. Dogs appear in Near Death Experiences
Too many people who are close to death see someone they love. Often enough that someone is a beloved pet. I don't think it is just dogs either. I think it can be any pet that we have a close bond with.

I have experienced a deceased pet staying near me after her death. Why wouldn't she come back when I am ready to join her. It makes sense.

Yes, I meant to ad that when I posted last night! I forgot. I was a bit tired.

Yes, any animal at all! I am convinced your girl did come back to visit and comfort you. Where there is love, they often do.
It was actually a bearded dragon. She slept on my bed every night. For at least a year after her death some mornings she was there when I woke up. I could really sense her presence. It has been a while since she has been here, but surely she will be there waiting for me.

I think Barrie was here briefly. I miss him a lot and I was sitting beside his tank (at my computer) and it felt like he was there beside me. He often lay in his tank where he would be closest to me. If he was going to visit me, that is where he would be. The best years of his life were with me. He was a 12 year old rescue lizard who had never even been given a name. With me he had love and a comfortable life.

It is a beautiful thought that I would see my childhood cat again. He disappeared and I never got to say goodbye. It has been so long that I don't know if I would
recognize him, but I think my heart would know him.
Catherine

I am a Christian and I think all of our animals that have passed on are in heaven..I think about the story in the Bible about Noah and God had all of his animals on that arc...Our animals are are also God's Creatures...so, yes--they are all in heaven in my opinion...8-]]
Cat Lover  Heart
Our pets have shared so much love with us. I think their spirits will want to be reunited with us.  There will be much joy when we are with our beloved pets again.
I have no doubt they are waiting for us.
Catherine