Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal up date
There’s also what we call hardlines and soft lines in store lingo. To make it even more complicated. Our cashiers and baggers are the Front End department. I technically worked in hardlines actually lol. I worked Drug GM over the counter pharmacy and health & beauty. Like makeup, bath wash, baby... very physical work and because of all the stress I was messing up my meds and my IBS was out of control. There was a few days all I could eat was oatmeal. I’m on a FODMAP diet now.
My store Kroger went along CDC guidelines as they set rules they followed. We were holding masks for employees rather than selling them to protect ourselves per management. They really did watch out for us at the beginning but we lost our extra pay early and things went down hill after that. When you start having dreams about a ball pit of hand sanitizer bottles it might be time to rethink some things.
Quote:When you start having dreams about a ball pit of hand sanitizer bottles it might be time to rethink some things.
I have not reached that point yet, but I have had to do things to help myself cope. 

You were in a tough work situation. I know some people ended up burned out and had to take a leave of absence.  I am glad your employer was supportive for a while. Like most of them, they couldn't keep it up. My supervisor sent us supportive emails at first, now  her messages are just annoying. I got the special pandemic pay, but they were slow to process it so the extra money didn't come until August. It would have been really nice to have that in March.
They should have continued your extra income as long as your job was extra stressful.

I am not surprised your IBS is acting up. I hope some calmer days working from home start to settle things down.
Did you find yourself resenting people who complained about being at home bored while you were working to the point of exhaustion.
I know I am annoyed. Now I am annoyed at the people out there taking chances and creating a second spike in cases. It was just starting to feel safer and now it is even more dangerous than before.
I hope you are getting more rest now.

So how are your animals. I know you mentioned losses. I hate to think of what that means.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It must have been terribly hard as a grocery store worker, Libby. No wonder you came home exhausted, apart from all the personal grief and stresses you have had this year.

Your new job from home sounds much better for you.

How are you doing on the low FODMAP diet? Do you find it helps your IBS?
I'm doing much better now. I've been home 2 weeks from Kroger. I've had a 2 hour meet and great with my training class and 2 full 8hr days of training. So far I really like it. It's just engaging enough that I don't feel lonely. It's a lot to take in but nothing is super difficult and they really push you to ask for help. Also we had a dance party Friday.
My IBS is is a lot better with the new diet. I try to focus on the foods I can eat rather than the ones I can't. Still means a lot of oatmeal but I've had a lot less problems and I'm taking my anxiety meds regularly again. We also had a boarder this week, Toby. We get him again the 22nd. His mom works from home so he was a great help for my first 2 days of work.
I am glad you are settling in to the new job. It will be safer and less stressful.

It is good that your IBS is settling down. I understand that diet and stress management are the keys to getting things under control.  I had to look up FOODMAP.
It sounds very well thought out and I can see how it would help. I don't have IBS, I have food intolerances. As long as I don't eat what I can't digest I am fine. It can seem a bit like IBS if I eat the wrong thing.
It always seems that food is the key to health. I know IBS is more complicated.  So, if you get the IBS under control through what you eat it says under control, right.  Once you have it under control you would be able to expand your food choices.  Right now food might be boring, but you will have more choices later.
I hope this really works for you. It is miserable when your gut is upset. It wears you down.

It is good news that you are getting boarders. That must help financially and the company is good.
How is the rest of your pack of dogs doing?
How are your reptiles?
Catherine

(10-12-2020, 03:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am glad you are settling in to the new job. It will be safer and less stressful.

It is good that your IBS is settling down. I understand that diet and stress management are the keys to getting things under control.  I had to look up FOODMAP.
It sounds very well thought out and I can see how it would help. I don't have IBS, I have food intolerances. As long as I don't eat what I can't digest I am fine. It can seem a bit like IBS if I eat the wrong thing.
It always seems that food is the key to health. I know IBS is more complicated.  So, if you get the IBS under control through what you eat it says under control, right.  Once you have it under control you would be able to expand your food choices.  Right now food might be boring, but you will have more choices later.
I hope this really works for you. It is miserable when your gut is upset. It wears you down.

It is good news that you are getting boarders. That must help financially and the company is good.
How is the rest of your pack of dogs doing?
How are your reptiles?

The dogs are doing well.  Fennec is starting to slow down with stiff joints.  I went ahead and switched him over to senior food since we don’t really know his age and the food has additives that help his joints. 
Regina is starting to lose her hearing and sight.  It hasn’t stopped her at all. She just does want she wants and doesn’t worry about if she takes my fingers trying to get a treat.  Our yard is pretty big so if she can’t see me waving from afar I either have to go get her or wait for her to come back in sight and wave around like a goof trying to get her attention.
Silver Bullet just had his 3rd Gotcha Day with us. We’ve had him 3 YEARS!!  He’s come a long way from the crazy pup that would chew my underwear, socks, and bras.  He’s the dog a rely on the most when is come to boarding.  He’s the first dog they see and he smooths everything over for the rest of the pack to meet.  If the the dog doesn’t get along with Bullet then they don’t stay here.
Graham is doing much better this her than last.  Last year is when he was attacked and I had to run him the the ER vet.  I’ve worked with him with my mom’s dogs and the few boarders we’ve had and he still is unsure with large brown dogs but he’s fine with smaller dogs so I’ve lowered the Rover settings to bellow 50lb dogs. 
We also have a foster.  Cleo is a small black smooth coat 14 lb terrier mutt.  Her owner had to move out of where she was living to movie in with a friend who lives where they can’t have dogs.  The lease is running out soon so they will be moving to a pet friendly housing.  We’ve had Cleo about 3 months now and she has fit in perfectly.  She snuggles in with the rest and they all kiss on each other, cleaning eyes and ears.  She wasn’t potty trained which we have improved drastically, especially since I’ve been working from home.
Castiel the kitty is doing well.  He is even getting along with our dogs much better.  He will initiate play with Fennec which is wild compared to how he acted in February.  However this new found fearlessness does not extend to our boarders.  Sadly our most recent boarder, Toby, triggered Cas to go into full on attack mode and we had to keep him in the garage so he felt safe.  Normally we keep the door to the garage open so he can come in and out.  But the bungee cord we use to keep the dogs out has stretched out so Toby was able to walk right in a few times.  We couldn’t get Cas to come out of hiding for a good hour after we found Toby just standing in the garage.  We just kept the door closed after that.

The reptiles are hanging in there.  We’ve had to completely clean the whole room and quarantine clean everything.  We lost Bellatrix last month. vet trips I think will have to be scheduled soon.  No one is showing signs of illness but I’ve lost a lot of reptiles for all different things and I’m trying to keep everyone under close observation.  No breeding projects in the meantime.

KK is doing well.  She loves me being home and I knew she would because now I’m here when she wake up in the morning and can give her fresh food for breakfast instead of having to wait until I get home in the afternoon.  Lots more attention though out the day too.  I go say hi and talk to her every time I take a break or lunch or just go to the bathroom.
Your place is a real pet activity centre. I am glad the dogs are all getting along. Sadly they do get older and with rescues there is no way to really know their age. You just have to look at how old they look.  Good thing the cat and dog situation is better. It does help if everyone gets along.

Has it really been three years since you brought home Silver Bullet. Time really flies with pets.  Poor old Regina is a real senior dog. Maybe you need a flag  you can wave to catch her attention. You could train a younger dog to go and get her. Would that be possible. As long as there were treats involved anything is possible.
It is good that you are there to foster Cleo. How else do people manage when they have to move and be in temporary housing.

I hope Graham gets his confidence back. That must have been very scary for him. In time he may feel better at least I hope he will.

I bet KK and all the others love having you home. It is nice being at home isn't it. You feel safe and comfortable and you know how your whole gang is doing.

Quote:The reptiles are hanging in there.  We’ve had to completely clean the whole room and quarantine clean everything.  We lost Bellatrix last month. vet trips I think will have to be scheduled soon.  No one is showing signs of illness but I’ve lost a lot of reptiles for all different things and I’m trying to keep everyone under close observation.  No breeding projects in the meantime.
It is not unusual to lose reptiles. We really don't know how old most of them are. Some just reach the end of their life span. 
If you lost them to various reasons then you don't have an illness.  My older breeding females all went over a year ago. They showed some signs of aging and then they faded out. Snakes living in the same tank are still fine and laid eggs in the next breeding season.

I know we wish we had answers, but reptiles rarely give us answers. They look fine until they are not. You are doing everything right so you don't need to worry about illness. Reptiles have few illnesses. They just live healthy most of their lives. If they have had MBD that does shorten the life span, but they can still be healthy enough until they do go.
We all worry about our reptiles, but try not to be too worried.  You are doing all the right things.
Catherine

Separately my mom found out she has COVID. Kasey and I got tested today because we had breakfast with her last Saturday.
So far my mom has just a mild case. Over the phone she sounds stuffy and congested with coughing. I dropped some thing off for her today and she was up and walking around fine so she’s not stuck to a bed.
Kasey and my step dad get to mis work too. It’s Kasey’s last week at a job her hates so I called my mom this morning so he could say thank you lol. My mom feels so bad about dragging us all into I had to give her some happy news.
I am sorry your mom caught Covid, but I am glad it seems to be a mild case. Fortunately some people are not too sick.
Now we have to hope your tests are negative. Do you and Casey have to quarantine for two weeks or just until you get negative tests?
I am going to believe that your tests will be negative. Good thing you are already working from home.

I know how Cassey feels about his job. I once went in to quit my job. Before I could do it they called me into the office and laid me off with severance pay.
I got up and said thank-you.
Cassey is free from his job and it is not his fault. It is just part of the pandemic.

I hope you are posting soon enough that you both tested negative and your mom is getting better.
Catherine

Kasey and I tested negative thankfully! My stepdad tested positive and is back at work already and my mom has been given the go ahead to go back to work Monday morning. I haven’t heard much from my dad since he tested positive. I’ve talked to him a few times but other than a mild cough and being tired he was ok every time. I do know my baby brother and step mom don’t have it but I haven’t heard about my other brother. They are bad about communication and I’ve been busy. Not that I haven’t asked, I just haven’t asked in a couple days. I have to ask multiple times usually.

But we are all doing well and getting better.