Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music makes a cat braver!
I absolutely love that Polonaise by Chopin! It is one of my forever favourite pieces. My Dad was an excellent pianist. I remember hearing him rehearsing that -struggling with it, then breaking through with success. Earliest memories of childhood!

A bit tough to whistle though.....hahaSmiley29

If I can find a way to play that for her on a CD or something, then that tune would be a first-class one for making cats brave! Mr Ginger-Cat-Next-door wouldn't stand a chance! LOL

I think the reason I found out the cat liked music is -one day it was a rainy day and grey, and I felt a bit bleak and freezing cold, so whistled up a tune to make myself feel better. I seem to remember it was some classical piece. (Can't recall what.) The cat responded immediately, purring and kneading her little bed, then meowed, and stared at me.

This happened every time I whistled her a tune. The reason I started to whistle when the next door's cat came around on the prowl, was basically so she might feel less worried and relax a bit. I didn't expect it would make her brave! But it did!

I won't subject her to my singing. It would freak her out. I damaged my vocal cords shouting from the top of a hill once, to prevent Jet (Misty's friend) from running in the direction of a man's property. Jet wouldn't listen. He was racing after a rabbit, so I had to shout very repeatedly and loudly. The man had threatened to shoot him if he saw him on his property. I could not sing after that.

Messages In This Thread
Music makes a cat braver! - by Tobi - 05-17-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Music makes a cat braver! - by Catherine - 05-17-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Music makes a cat braver! - by LPC - 05-18-2014, 05:40 AM
RE: Music makes a cat braver! - by Tobi - 05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Music makes a cat braver! - by Catherine - 05-18-2014, 03:17 PM