Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian members. No it is not business as usual in Canada and it is definitely not Thanksgiving as usual, but we are doing the best we can.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronaviru...-1.5141366

I am having a very quiet weekend. I had dinner with the small number of people I am in face to face contact with. We had a quiet dinner, watched a bit of Netflix and now I am home for the rest of the weekend. I will spend Monday caring for my animals and doing things for them. I am thankful that I can do that.
I am thankful that I have managed to stay healthy. It is a different Thanksgiving, but it is not one I will forget.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Catherine
-and to all our Canadian members
and guests
[Image: thanksgiving-1060214-340.jpg][Image: painting-563463-340.jpg]
Thank-you. We still have much to be thankful for.

I decided to make it Happy Tanks Giving.
I couldn't go out and visit so I worked on my tanks.
Barrie's old tank is now a Happy Hognose tank. They have way more room than they need, but it is fun for them.
The Hognose tank is now the new larger home of the Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Benito. Benito seems to be a female so I will need to consider a name change.
The visiting Monitor lizard, Montisaurus,  now lives in the bigger Brazilian Rainbow Boa tank. He has grown so he was ready for more room. He is with me because he is the runt of the litter and he needed a little TLC to get him growing.

That gave me room to get out the bearded dragon tank for the baby beardie, Carlo,  who is no longer a baby. He is a good size and he was ready for the bigger tank. I have set it up to accommodate his amputation. Of course he is missing a leg, that is why he is with me.

I had one lone African striped skink left and I introduced him to my tank of larger skinks and he loves it! He thinks he is king of the world and the other lizards like him.  He is much smaller and they think he is a baby so they are all happy to see him.  So his tank is now the new larger home of my Amazon Tree Boa. He has grown a lot since I brought him home and I wanted to give him a really good set up.  Whisper is now watching me as I type. The tank is really big enough for two tree boas.  Perhaps I should look for a partner for him. 

I still have some work to do setting up baby snakes. That can wait until my next day off.

So I made the best of my covid restricted holiday and everybody here is happy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine