Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi--I am new here!!
Smiley52 My name is Melanie and I love cats!! I also love all animals really and hope this site will be fun!! I have one calico cat named Tiffany...Hope to make lots of freinds here and learn more about cats and other animals...
Cat Lover  Heart
Welcome to the Forum. We all love cats here. Tell us more about yourself and your cat Tiffany.
I have a mixture of pets. Some of them are rescues. My latest rescue is a baby bunny. He is a total surprise, but a lot of fun.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks Catherine..I love bunnies as well--My brother used to have a black bunny many years ago and we loved him to pieces...I got my cat Tiffany from the pound..The lady that worked there said she was a runt and they were fixing to put her down...I told her, "Heck No, I will adopt her.." I made an excellent choice because she is the sweetest cat and I love her..She will be 7 next year in April...I named her Tiffany because it is one of my favorite names and it seems to fit her...
Cat Lover  Heart
That is a beautiful story about Tiffany. She needed you and you were there at the right time to rescue her. Seven years and many more to come is pretty good for the runt of the litter that thye were going to get rid of. I always feel a special bond with pets that I rescued like that.
Tiffany is  a pretty name and I am sure it suits your beautiful girl.

I have boarded a friend's bunny, but this is the first time I have ever had my own rabbit. Boo was so tiny when I got him he could fit on the palm of my hand.
He is still only about 7 weeks old, but he is growing very quickly. He is really sweet and quite funny. He is totally black and his fluffy baby coat has just become sleek and shinny. I will do a thread about him soon so you can see how he looks.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(11-14-2020, 06:11 AM)Melanie Meow Wrote: I got my cat Tiffany from the pound..The lady that worked there said she was a runt and they were fixing to put her down...I told her, "Heck No, I will adopt her.."

Warmest greetings! You did a very good deed in choosing to care for a cat from a refuge. Our current dog, Forgy (not the one on the profile picture), came from a refuge near us in France.

Pets from refuges appreciate having a home so much, having previously been abandoned or lost.
Welcome to the forum! I recently took in my very first cat this February. My best friend had been caring for these two cats and was unable to talk her new landlord to allow her to have two cats. Castiel was then Charlie. I offered to get him fixed and find him a home knowing he was a stray and loved people I was sure I could find him something. Well he came back FIV+ when I got him fixed so education became the next step. He was going to live a regular life as long as he sees the Vet regularly. Great so the ~3yr old cat needed a special home preferably with no other cats but there would have to be some meet and greets with any interested... Covid hit... Now we have Castiel or Cass for short Smile My husband has even been ok with his allergies. I will note his hair is like a medium and I try to keep him on a low hair ball food. It's suppose to help. I think it does because he has never had a hair ball vomit as long as he has been here. Oh and he HATED dogs when he came here. I'm a Pet sitter and bring my work home with me sometimes so he had to get over being scared of dogs. Now he rules the house. He's so confident now he's started playing with the dogs but they are still a little too scared of him when he pounces but they have figured out if they don't run he just kinda pats them on the butt. It's sooooo cute! Especially from the hissy fits Cass used to have.

I also have 4 dogs Fennec, Silver Bullet, Graham, & Regina. Then there are 6 snakes, 2 leopard geckos, & 2 birds. Of the animals I do have 3 snakes, and one of the leopard geckos I didn't rescue or take in and foster fail.