Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pets of Star Trek
It seems the TV and Movie series and sequels of Star Trek had pets on its space ships.  
It seems that they were mostly cats, but not always.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-every-s...discovery/

How is it that I am a Treki and an animal lover and I never really noticed the pets. They were just there and I didn't think about them.
Maybe that is the point. The shows made it seem so normal that we would take out pets into space with us. Of course we would. 
Where there are humans, there are  pets. It makes sense that they would mostly be cats. It is hard to walk dogs in space and I bet cats would like space travel.
It just seems like something they would like to do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I vaguely remember Captain Archer's dog and also the cute but rapidly multiplying tribbles. I used to watch "Star Trek" when I was younger, but lost interest with the later series and endless "shoot 'em ups"!
I don't remember the dog, but I do remember the Tribbles.  They sounded like guinea pigs and they multipled like dwarf hamsters. I loved the little Tribbles and I would love to have on. Of course you never et to have just one.

It is odd they never found any strange alien pets.  They usually had normal earth pets like cats. Maybe cats are strange enough to fit into a science fiction show.

I haven't kept up with the newer shows. I don't know if it is lack oof time or lack of interest.

The new Piccard show is good. I think he has a doog in that one.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine