Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owner cuts off dog's front legs
Turkey really needs to strengthen its animal cruelty laws to stop incidents like this. A golden retriever attacked the neighbour's chickens. The neighbour broke the dog's front paws. Then the dog's owner cut the dog's front legs off with an axe. He left the dog to suffer in great pain.
The dog is being cared for now, but the damage is so great that it will be a slow painful recovery. The amputation was done so crudely that prosthetic limbs may not be possible. To gain any mobility the dog may need a wheeled cart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...owner.html

This is a brutal act of animal cruelty. The initial breaking of the dog's legs was cruel. Cutting the dog's legs off is a horrific act of cruelty. It was a deliberate act of cruelty. The owner continued and cut off the dog's second leg after he could see the terrible damage  done cutting the first leg off.

If Turkish law does not come down heavy on the man for his actions then their animal cruelty laws are terribly inadequate.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sorry, after reading your description - vivid enough - I could not bring myself to even look at the article. For me, the weakness of animal protection laws in a country is a sign of its lack of moral development.

Turkey tried to join the EU some years ago, but fortunately the bizarre behaviour of its president stopped that even being considered. Turkey is quite unworthy of ever joining the EU if it allows cruelty like this.
Quote:Turkey tried to join the EU some years ago, but fortunately the bizarre behaviour of its president stopped that even being considered. Turkey is quite unworthy of ever joining the EU if it allows cruelty like this.

You were wise not to look at the pictures. Some are so bad they were blurred to hide them, but there are some that show the damage.
It was a brutal act and a country that would allow this does not belong in the EU.  The EU  has done a lot for animals. No EU country would let  someone get away with such horrible actions against an animal. Even the neighbour who broke the dog's feet would be charged.

It says a lot about a country that it allows that level of animal cruelty. It is a very high amputation and it leaves the dog in serious shape. 
Why didn't he just kill the dog. If it hadn't been rescued, the dog would have died slowly and painfully. The dog might still die and his quality of life is seriously compromised.
Catherine

Poor dear thing. My kindest thoughts to this dog, bless its Soul. How horrifically sad.
It is a sad story. I just hope they can keep the dog comfortable and help it to recover or at least die in peace.
Catherine