Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Newly-Discovered Species
The top ten newly-found species....

The Olinguito (carnivorous tree dwelling animal),
The Skeleton Shrimp,
A super camouflaged Leaf-Tailed Gecko from Australia....
and more:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-10-newly-f...ml#z2rdaKd
I thought the Dragon Tree was a Tree Dragon(lizard). I misread it and spent time searching the picture for a forty foot lizard. Now that I think of it, Komodo Dragons are the largest lizard at nine feet. I guess I secretly hoped for a really large lizard.Smiley4

It is amazing that we are still discovering new species. This world holds mysteries that we can only dream about. I wonder what else is out there that we haven't seen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good find, Tobi! Apart from reading about the newly-found species, I liked watching the frogs stretching out their rear legs like acrobats!
I went back and watched the frogs. They are really interesting. That foot stretching thing is funny. The world is amazing, but it is also amusing.Smiley4
Catherine

I know...Smiley4 They are so funny!

Doesn't it make us wonder though....if we are still discovering new species, imagine what could be living here that we still have no knowledge of?
I know the rainforests are so complex that there are species we have never seen so far. Who knows what lives in the Arctic or in the deeps of the ocean. There are certainly things deep in the Marianas Trench that we have been unable to reach.

What about my own neighbourhood. Are there hidden creatures living around me that we have not seen yet. That would be so amazing to be the one who recognizes a new species.
Catherine