Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am new! Here to learn :)
Hi my name is Chris,
I am new here and love animals.  I am interested to learn about the intelligence and consciousness of animals and keep up with the animal science news.  I am always interested when new animals are seen using tools, like the pig, raptors, and chimps.  

What do you guys think are some of the smartest animals that don't get the credit they deserve? Smiley43 

Which do you think is smarter?
Dog or Pig?

I also am getting sick of lockdown in Vietnam... Need to make some friends online
Quote:I also am getting sick of lockdown in Vietnam... Need to make some friends online
I hear you about the lockdown. I live in Toronto and I am sick of it.
Welcome to the forum. We are always happy to make new friends.

Dog or pig?
Some dogs are smarter than some pigs. Some pigs are smarter than some dogs. I don't know who would win a contest. It might depend on how you test them.

We underestimate the intelligence of chickens and raccoons. Fish in general are underestimated. Some fish are very intelligent. I don't think we know how to test them yet.

The problem with testing animal intelligence is the fact that the testers are all human. We have our own standards, but that might miss the true signs of intelligence in animals that are very different from us. The first thing we need to study is our methods of testing. We have trouble testing intelligence in humans. Our tests are culturally biased and an intelligent person from a different background might test poorly because lack the cultural knowledge of the test bias.

We can still study animals, but maybe we should focus on study rather than testing. What do you think?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine