Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Biden, the White House's first rescue dog gets his own Indoguration
I can't wait for dogs in the White House again!  It will be a nice change of pace.  Plus German Shepards!  I've never had a pure breed GSD but they are crazy smart.

Also don't feel bad about not knowing what POTUS means.  At 31 I've lived in the US all my life and just learned this past year what it means.  Only because I said President of the United States while complaining about the Orange and it clicked.  While on the subject,  I feel it is my duty to apologize for all the dumb going around here in the US.  I have had to separate from family members and friends over what is going on.
I felt for you having all this bad stuff happen to your country. I visited the Capitol Building when I was in Washington DC and I cried when I saw it over run and vandalized. I think what has happened needs to be a lesson for all the world. It matters who we elect as our leaders. You have had a rough 4 years and having happy dogs in the White House will go along way towards restoring peace in the White House. Hopefully that peace can spread to the whole country.

It is sad that politics can divide a country and divide friends and family. Sometimes you just have to stay away from people when peace is not possible.

I hope we can now all focus on surviving the pandemic. I just got word that an old friend out west has died of covid and a younger friend here just lost her grandmother. All our lives are touched by this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It seems that the Indoguration or Major Biden was a great success. The event was attended by 7,400 animal lovers.  The event even  raised 200,000 dollars for the Delaware Rescue.  The money will be used to help pet owners struggling to care for their pets during the pandemic and to help adoptable pets find good homes.

https://people.com/pets/major-bidens-ind...joe-biden/

Not a bad start for Major's life as first Dog. He has done very well for himself and very well for others.
Catherine

The video can now be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYHjXINih0

If homeless dogs and cats benefit from this initiative, then it will be great!
That was fun. I know Zoom gatherings are not exactly like real in person gatherings, but they are still good. This one was for a good cause and I know the money raised will benefit animals in need.  I am sure we will be hearing more about Major Biden in the future. He is a beautiful dog.
Catherine

I see that as a superb sign for the new Presidency!
We are all feeling the same way. I never trusted the guy who didn't want a pet. 
A guy who has two dogs who love him is going to be okay.
Catherine