Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs
Quote: I just feel like PETA has become a laughing stock and is very extremist. I can’t get over the Thanksgiving turkeys they broke out of a farm years ago just to run down a hill straight into a busy interstate to get hit. It was a massacre. There were pictures. That’s so reckless I can’t even begin to reason with that I just want to scream into a pillow at the top of my lungs.

This is the problem with extremists. They get an idea and they act on it. They don't think over the consequences of the action. Farm raised turkeys would not survive in the wild.  If they had taken them to a farm sanctuary it would have been okay. Just releasing the turkeys was a disaster.

Extremists don't think over the consequences of their actions. They don't prioritize or distinguish between issues. They approach everything as if it was the most urgent thing in the world. Right now PETA is criticizing Groundhog Day. The groundhogs are well looked after all year round.  For one brief hour they are on public display. It really isn't a big animal rights/animal abuse issue.
There are contest and events where animals are hurt or killed, like the turkey drop(they are dropped from a plane) and the possum drop.
A pig was forced to bungee jump. These events hurt animals and should be protested. Groundhog Day is fine.

They should focus on pigs in gestation crates,  calves being raised for veal and Foie Gras. Those are serious issues. 
When you treat minor things with the same urgency that you treat serious issues it makes your efforts seem ridiculous. 
Sadly that is what PETA has done. They need to learn to focus and they need to evaluate an action before they take it.

Extremist actions are sometimes called for, but they should be done in a way that is effective and actually helps your cause.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs - by Catherine - 02-04-2021, 04:12 PM