Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs
(02-04-2021, 04:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: There are contest and events where animals are hurt or killed, like the turkey drop(they are dropped from a plane) and the possum drop.
A pig was forced to bungee jump.
I had to look up those contests and events on the net. Are these legal in the USA?! Apparently there have been complaints and investigations by the police, but "no infraction" was found! It would be totally impossible in Europe, on the grounds of animal cruelty. What about Canada, Catherine?

Those are the sort of "events" against which PETA could usefully protest. They show the really ugly side of humanity. I did some research and the dropping of live turkeys from planes seems quite popular in the USA. Turkeys cannot fly, only flap their wings, so cannot survive being dropped from a plane:

https://www.livescience.com/60996-turkey...ysics.html

The worst part of this appalling "custom" is that the turkeys suffer during their descent from the plane. They flap their wings frantically for the first part of the descent, but don't have enough energy to continue long. Then, exhausted, they experience full terror until they are squashed on hitting the ground. Words fail me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs - by LPC - 02-04-2021, 11:07 PM