Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love my job!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKxXEpRhVlZ/...yl977gd8fa

I’ve been quiet but I’ve really got to gush now!  Back in November I applied for a job at a local petsitting and dog walker service.  I kept checking my email like crazy because I really wanted the job but after not hearing anything by the end of December I figured they must of found who they needed and have been looking to find something else.  I’ve been out of an active job since November.  I have still be able to catch a sitting and a few walks on Wag but with everything going on it’s been dead and I’ve had nothing on Rover.  Then last week I got the email I had been waiting for and they wanted to schedule a Zoom meeting for the next day. Thursday I had a Zoom interview with the manager.  I must of really impressed her because I was asked for an in person interview the very next day with the owner.  Smiley4 That interview that was only suppose to be an hour, it lasted 2  Smiley4 we kept talking and sharing stories. I left the interview with plans to follow the manager Monday.  If I did well I would continue the rest of the week and next following her.   After today it sounds like I will only be following the manager this week because I already know how to do everything  79 
Today was so much fun too. I got to meet so many puppies and one really fat cat.  I’m so excited to get to know all the different dogs and cats but also to have the direct back up of real people and I don’t have to be the one to schedule ANYTHING it’s done for me I just get to take care of the dogs.  Just one day in and I’m so excited and relieved. Oh and for now most night and weekends are covered so I’ll only be scheduled Monday - Friday no later than 4 most weeks. Smiley16
Fantastic!! Congratulations. This is your dream job. They are paying you to do something you love to do. It doesn't get any better than that.
You have a Monday to Friday job and you get to go home early enough to have some good time with your dogs. It is a dream job.
You have put in years of work to be good at what you do and now it is paying off.

That must have been quite an interview. Two hours is a lot of talking. Of course you both love dogs and you got talking about dogs.
The story of how you got all your dogs could take an hour to tell. Smiley4

I am so happy for you. Good things are happening right now. I am glad they are happening for you.
Keep us posted on how it goes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Day 2 down and I’m still loving the pet sitting and dog walking. I keep finding out more and more things that we are on the same page about. Like flexi or retractable leashes, I absolutely hate them and so does the owner! Yay, I’ll never have to deal with them! Talk about being on cloud 9.
You have found the right job. I suspect your boss is feeling that she finally has the right employee. She must be glad that you agree with her about flexi leashes. You are not going to argue about them and want to use them. She can trust you because you don't like them either.
You are working with someone who see things the way you do. That has got to be so amazing. Going to work every day is going to be a pleasure. Even if the day is busy and you are tired, you are doing what you love.   The job is a perfect fit for you and you are a perfect fit for the job.  I really am happy for you.
Catherine

Day3: I had my first brush with an aggressive kitty today. He was acting nice but I had been warned he was aggressive and to keep my distance. Which I was but he kept coming up to us meowing like he wanted attention. We walked the dogs and got back. I had to walk over to sign a paper and then walk past the cat to the door. I got stuck on the dresser and that’s when the little turd decided to let his true colors show. He reached out to swat me and hiss grabbing my sleeve but not me. I realized I was stuck and unlatched myself when he hoped down and as I tried to walk out that’s when he grabbed my shoe to attack so I scrunched my toes back so he was biting the part where my toes weren’t. Thankfully the manager I’m training under has this doggie don’t device that sounds like a taser but doesn’t actually shock. The cat took off and we were able to get out of the house safe. Poor kitty didn’t always act like that but he escaped during a bad sitting experience with a friend and was missing several weeks. When he came back he was aggressive to everyone but after a few months he accepted the owner again and now she uses the pros Smile
Didn’t even phase me. I’ll take an angry cat over an angry person any day.
The cat you were dealing with must have had some terrible experiences when it was lost. Cats don't usually attack like that.
I am glad you were not scratched or bitten. It is such a nuisance to have an injury. The cat must associate people coming in with the terrible time it had on the streets.
It is too bad the owner did not use the pros all along.
 Is there any chance the cat will improve? It doesn't sound too happy.

I agree, an angry cat is easier to deal with than an angry person. At least you know what a cat is capable of.
If that is the worst you deal with on your job, that is not too bad.

I have met a cat like that on my job. I am there to look after the people, but the cat is there. If this cat was in the doorway of a room  you just couldn't go in the room. Even the owner couldn't do it.  She was one miserable cat.
Catherine

Congratulations on the new job, Libby! Hope it all goes well for you - but take care of yourself.
It’s been great. The end of my week cooled off with just one back yard let out Thursday and 2 walks Friday. I’m still loving it and I think as long as I can keep my cool I’ll be ok once I’m officially alone. I’m so excited and proud of myself. I love this company!
You really do have the dream job. Every day you get to do things that you love to do and you are getting paid for it.
It was a lucky day when you applied for your job. It is great that you love the company. It hardly feels like work when you love what you do.
Catherine

I'm glad you have a job that you really love doing, Libby! Wishing you all the best with it, though I am sure at times it can be challenging.

When I was a little girl we had a very grumpy cat called Baxter. He was a very big cat who could "turn" suddenly. He had been a stray, and my mother took him in. We all accepted his ways and did not mess with him. It was hard to even be able to stroke him.

Yet....when he lay on top of the fridge he was always happy, purred, and let people stroke him. But nowhere else in the house.

It wasn't the height he was on, as our 1960s fridge was small and only about 3ft 6" high.
We always wondered if t was possibly the vibrations or hum from the fridge motor which had an effect on him.