Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love my job!
Congrats on the new position, Libby! Expectation everything works out positively for you - however deal with yourself.
I had some unexpected time off with the snow and ice storms we got a couple weeks ago. In Tennessee we aren’t equipped to deal with that weather, unlike my northern friends, so worked was called off from feb 15-19th. I wasn’t able to leave the house until that Saturday. I was going stir crazy by then. Last week was a refresher before sending me out on my own. This week is the first time I have some walks on my own. Unfortunatly I can’t share pictures. I can share stories though Smile
I wondered if the storms effected you. You got snow days! Up here in the frozen north we look forward to snow days. Sadly they have to be extreme before I get to stay home. 

You wouldn't even have snow tires would you? 
Can your heating system handle the cold?

I am glad you are back to normal and back to work.
Snow days are fun at first, but it gets boring pretty quickly.

It will be fun hearing stories. We can create our own pictures by using our imaginations.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

No snow tires and no chains. Most everyone has all weather tires around here. We only get that kind of snow once every 3-5 years. When we do, it’s typically gone in a couple days. This ice and snow was the first time in 6 years. Our heat and electricity stayed strong thankfully.

So far I’ve had a great second day alone Smile I got to see 3 Saint Bernards and I’ll get to see them tomorrow too! Their paws are as big as my hand! They are so sweet but I have to be on guard because they do not realize their size.
I didn't think your cars were ready for Canadian weather. It is not good to run snow tires in warm weather. All weather tires are a better choice. 
Good thing your heat and electricity  kept going.  We have had winter blackouts and it can be rough and really cold.

Three St Bernards!!!
That must have been fun. They are loveable, but they are so big. I think you are right, they really don't know how big they are.
Do you walk them? Do you walk them all at the same time? That would be an experience.
Catherine

The saint bernards thankfully have a good 3 acre backyard. The 2 youngest I let out to potty and walk the yard with them so they follow like it’s an off leash walk. Then I let them back in and let the oldest out becasuse she has bad hips she can’t be out to get tackled by the younger ones. After today I understand why. I was waslking back to the house with the calm youngster as I called to coax the bouncy girl from barking at the neighbors. I turn to watch where I was stepping when I hear thudthud thudthud and turn my head to my right to see little miss bouncy angled running at the gentle giant flanking my left. By the time I registered I was safe and turn my head to look to my left I see legs and paws in the air because my gental giant had been flipped in the air and tumbled back to her paws. It was impressive!! No worse for wear.
A three acre yard would be about right for three St Bernards. They would need at least that much room. I am picturing you out there with a bouncy young giant of a dog. It must be hilarious. Walking with the old dog must be sweet. That whole place would be a fun experience. They are such beautiful dogs. I can see why you love your job.
Catherine

I got to see the St. Bernards everyday this week!! I’m also being trusted to go to a house without a meet and greet!  Ahhhhh!! I’m not worried cause I did it all the time with Wag! but these guys don’t normally send anyone without a meet and greet. Since I’ve been with them a month now they know I’m not some crazy person. My manager has been with me a lot so she has seen how natural I am with dog after dog.  And since I didn’t freak out over the cat attack that first week Smiley4  they have seen I’m good with nice cats as well and I’ve already run into some off leash dogs and odd situations were I have to adjust and they have been impressed with how I handled each situation  Smiley45 Smiley45
Your boss can tell that you know what you are doing. Animals of all kinds respond to you. Dogs just love you. That is how you ended up with all the dogs you have at home. You and your job are such a perfect match. I am really happy for you.

Your boss must be really happy to have you. You think alike and you have such a good attitude towards animals of all kinds. You handled an aggressive cat and you didn't take it personally.  You are exactly the person she wanted to hire.

St Bernards every day would be so much fun. There is so much dog to love.
You have the best job in the world.
Catherine

congrats Libby Smile