Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three baby Emus run down as they walked along the road
A wildlife carer in Victoria was notified of three emus that were hit on the road. She arrived to find two already dead and one so badly injured she had to euthanize it.
It is believed that the hit and run was deliberate. The emus were part of a family of six, two parents and four young. 
If it wasn't  deliberate why wouldn't the driver try to help the birds. They could even have made an anonymous phone call to get help. The driver's silence speaks volumes. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/wildlife-carer...53662.html

It probably was a deliberate brutal killing. It has a worse side. The family of emus was usually together. The parents must have seen the vehicle deliberately run down their children. What a horrible thing for them to have witnessed. People who kill using cars are real cowards. They kill using a weapon that is massively bigger than their victims. Out there somewhere right now there is a family of emus who are grieving.
I hope they catch whoever did this. I doubt there will be any kind of consequences, but they should at least be known for what they are.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

From the article:

"It had to be a four-wheel drive with a bull bar," Ms Kirwan said on Wednesday.

"But there are some a**holes around ... that do this sort of thing. It just makes you wonder what sort of humans they are."

I know what sort of humans they are: sick in the head, uncaring, for whom the lives of other species are just playthings. After committing such an act of atrocity, perhaps they went home to drink a beer and watch a film, as if nothing special had happened. Humans are a very mixed bunch, as I have remarked before.
Quote:I know what sort of humans they are: sick in the head, uncaring, for whom the lives of other species are just playthings. After committing such an act of atrocity, perhaps they went home to drink a beer and watch a film, as if nothing special had happened. Humans are a very mixed bunch, as I have remarked before.
You are absolutely right. This sadly was done by the worst of us. The animal carer who tried to  help  is one of the best of us.
How one species can have such extremes is hard to understand.  I just hope there is a shift in the right direction.

I doubt they drank just one beer and it was probably a movie that you and I would never watch.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine