Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dangers of snack bags for pets
I've often thought I would come home to find Graham like this. He recently started getting into things, mostly the trash. We had to start putting him in the crate when I leave home. He was jumping up where we thought he couldn't reach and getting where we felt he couldn't get. He never went for chip bags, but that's just because I make sure any bags like that are in a built-in house closet with a solid latching door. He doesn't go for anything when we are around. He waits for us to be out of the room and then knocks over the trash. Anything that even has touched food goes in our locking bin in the kitchen. We also compost, so that has to go in a particular air-tight container when in the house and then has to be fenced off from the dogs because I have it in the back fence where they were digging. Graham is a heeler/pointer mix with long legs, slender, fast, and springy. He can get into a lot of places the other dogs can't.

Safety is definitely something that has to be a priority. This is where a crate and pet sitter/dog walkers come in handy! Puppies, small dogs, and seniors need breaks 2-4 hours with adults medium and up in size 6-8 hours. It also depends on the dog. Each dog is different but Graham knows not to get my chalupa when I'm just running upstairs to grab something but if I'm gone more than 10 minutes (I swear he times it!) he can't handle the temptation anymore.

Messages In This Thread
The dangers of snack bags for pets - by Catherine - 02-16-2021, 04:37 PM
RE: The dangers of snack bags for pets - by Libby - 02-26-2021, 12:31 PM